Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cupcake Throwdown 2012

On February 16th Vancouver had its 3rd annual Cupcake Throwdown to benefit the H.A.V.E . held at Chapel Arts.
This was our 3rd year participating. Like the past years, this year did not disappoint!
This year was much bigger then previous years, as a result I was so busy I only managed to snap a few quick pictures with my phone. Some participants arrived a bit late, and so I was not able to get a shot of everyones cupcakes. Still, lots of creative cupcakes to share...

WARNING! Cupcake overload ahead!

First off, our vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcake. This cupcake is a spiced up chocolate cake with a chilli and spice ganache filling, topped with cream cheese icing. My inspiration for the decoration was a day of the dead theme, with sugar skulls and roses.



Here is a picture I took before we left the bakery:


Next, Organic Lives and their "living" german chocolate cupcake


One of our favourite bakers, C&C Cakery and their white russian flavoured cupcake. Got to try this one, its was delicious!


Chocolate cupcakes with coconut custard:


Chocolate cupcakes with rosemary salted caramel, nice twist on a favourite:


The rise and shine cupcake:


DOMO! Chocolate chai cupcake with chocolate chai avocado frosting. Wish I could have tried that one.


Peanut butter cupcakes with salted caramel "monkey butter" icing


Cocoa Dreamcakes:

Mini Southern Hogs:

Tiramisu cupcakes with Lemon:


Chocolate Ganache Clouds:

Fairy Cakes and their Chai Carrot cupcakes:


S'more Cupcakes!:


Chocolate Peanut butter cupcakes:


Hungry for more? Check out our blog posts for 1st and 2nd year Cupcake Throwndown's!

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah! I'm glad you took a lot of pictures, because everything is seriously a blur. I'm also really glad I got to try your treats - they were def in my top fav vegan treats out there (those raw vegan cupcakes were TO DIE FOR too!).

    See you next year, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete